FooBillard is a free OpenGL-billard game for Linux with ports to Windows and Mac OS X, which features realistic physics, AI-player and many gametypes like pool carambol or snooker. Why foo? Well, actually I had this logo (F.B.-Florian Berger) and then foo sounds a bit like pool (Somehow I wasn't quite attracted by the name FoolBillard) The main physics is quite mature but not yet perfect. If you are a billard-pro and you're missing some physics, please tell me. Cause I've implemented it like I think it should work, which might differ from reality.
Take a look at what this game features:
- wood paneled table with gold covers and gold diamonds
- reflections on balls
- shadow pixmaps
- detail switching of balls according to distance
- zoom in/out - hold right mousebutton
- FOV +/- - hold right mousebutton + CTRL
- rotate - hold left mousebutton
- animated queue
- 8ball, 9ball, snooker, carambol
- simple AI-Player
- strength adjustment
- eccentic hit adjustment (button2-Shift)
- red/green 3D stereo view !!!
- network play
- free view mode
FooBillard is a product developed by Florian Berger. This site is not directly affiliated with Florian Berger. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.