DISLIN for Salford FTN90 ReviewDISLIN is a high-level library of subroutines and functions that display data graphically. It is intended to be a powerful and easy to use software package for programmers and scientists that does not require knowledge of hardware features. The software is available for the programming languages C, Fortran 77, Fortran 90, Perl, Python and Java. DISLIN can display graphic information directly on graphic terminals or store them in metafiles. The supported display types are VGA, X Windows, Windows API and Tektronix. The supported file formats are GKSLIN, CGM, HPGL, PostScript, PDF, SVG, WMF, PNG and TIFF. The library contains the following features:
- 9 software fonts where each font provides 6 alphabets. Hardware fonts for PostScript printers, X11 fonts for X11 displays and TrueType fonts for Windows 95/98/NT displays and WMF files can also be used. The different aphabets contain Roman, Greek, Russian, mathematical and special European characters. Plotting of mathematical formulas with TeX instructions.
- Plotting of two- and three-dimensional axis systems. Axes can be linearly or logarithmically scaled and labeled with linear, logarithmic, date, time, map and user-defined formats.
- Plotting of curves. Several curves can appear in one axis system and can be differentiated by colour, line style and pattern. Multiple axis systems can be displayed on a page.
- Plotting of legends.
- Elementary plot routines for lines, vectors and outlined or filled regions such as rectangles, circles, arcs, ellipses and polygons.
- Shielded regions can be defined.
- Business graphics.
- 3-D colour graphics.
- 3-D graphics.
- Elementary image routines.
- Geographical projections and plotting of maps.
- Graphical user interface (GUI) routines based on Motif and Windows API functions.
- Manuals are available in HTML format and as printed books.
DISLIN for Salford FTN90 is a product developed by Mpi Fuer Sonnensystemforschung. This site is not directly affiliated with Mpi Fuer Sonnensystemforschung. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.