Due to lossy nature of the JPEG format each editing and subsequent recompression of JPEG images in generic image editors such as Photoshop results in progressive degradation of image quality.
Fortunately, in many cases there is a way to avoid the unnecessary recompression. If all you need is to quickly process a bunch of JPEG photos from the latest vacation - rotate, crop, remove red eye effect, imprint date or comment - you don't have to compromize the quality. Better JPEG is a batch JPEG editor capable of doing all this editing losslessly.
- Lossless transformations - rotation, flip
- Lossless crop (free, fixed aspect, fixed size, predefined and user-defined aspects and sizes), composition guidelines (diagonals, golden mean, rule of thirds)
- Highly customizable lossless date/EXIF info/text insertion (position, font, size, color, background, language, format, etc.)
- Advanced lossless red eye removal (anti-aliasing, adjustable size, sensitivity, darkening)
- Copy/paste to external editor and back for local retouching without full recompression
- Batch image processing
- Multi-level undo/redo
- Metadata preservation
- Compression optimization
BetterJPEG is a product developed by Betterjpeg. This site is not directly affiliated with Betterjpeg. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.