Avira Server Security ReviewAvira Server Security is a first-class antivirus solution, ensuring permanent protection for Windows file servers users against malicious programs.
- Extensive Malware Recognition: aside from viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc., it detects Adware & Spyware, double extension files and unusual runtime compression tools,
- Solid antivirus technologies: multi-platform, VB100% certified scan engine,
- Low usage of computer resources,
- Modular structure: allows remote configuration, thus assisting the server admin's work while keeping network users perfectly protected,
- Professional services: the Avira license entitles you to virus definitions updates and product upgrades, access to documentation, as well as standard technical support, offered by a team of skilled professionals,
- Fully compatible with operating systems running from Windows NT server (4.0 version or higher) to Windows Server 2003, it provides a wide variety of configuration settings designed to increase your network security,
- Avira Resident Service runs silently in the background, monitoring all file operations. When the user performs a file operation (e.g. launching a program, opening a document), this is automatically scanned against viruses and unwanted programs,
- The Control Program is a special interface, designed to configure and monitor the Resident Service. As such, it offers the possibility to manage several Resident Services installed on different servers in the network.
NEW: Configuration assistant for easy and fast basic configuration after the installation.
Limitations: The Installation Kit comes fully featured but the update service is disabled. To enable the update service you may purchase the appropriate commercial license from www.avira.com.
Avira Server Security is a product developed by Avira Operations Gmbh & Co. Kg. This site is not directly affiliated with Avira Operations Gmbh & Co. Kg. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.