- What's new?
Samsung Smart Switch Mobile Description
â€˘ If you are unable to download through the Google Play Store, please follow the instructions below.
- Please reboot a phone and go to Settings â†’ Apps â†’ Google Play Store â†’ Clear cache and data â†’ Then, try to download again.
- You can download it through the Galaxy Store or download it from the "Settings > Accounts & Backups > Smart Switch" path.
â–Ł Smart Switch gives you the freedom to move your contacts, music, photos, calendar, text messages, device settings and more to your new Galaxy device. Plus, Smart Switchâ„˘ helps you find your favorite apps or suggest similar ones on Google Playâ„˘.
â–Ł Who can transfer?
â€˘ Androidâ„˘ owners
- Wireless transfer: Android 4.0 or higher
- Wireless transfers from a compatible Android device to Galaxy device: Android 4.0 or higher (Note that non-Samsung devices with Android versions lower than 6.0 can only connect with Galaxy devices that support a mobile AP.)
- Wired transfer: Android 4.3 or higher, charger cable, and a USB connector
â€˘ iOSâ„˘ owners - use the option thatâ€™s best for you:
- Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy: iOS 5.0 or above, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pin), and a USB connector
- Import from iCloudâ„˘: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID
- PC/Mac transfer using iTunesâ„˘: Smart Switch PC/Mac software â€“ Get started http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
â€˘ Windowsâ„˘ Mobile owners
- Wireless transfers: Windows OS 10
* Note: For more information and step-by-step directions, go to http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
â–Ł What can be transferred?
- Contacts, calendar(Device content only), messages, photos, music (DRM free content only, Not supported for iCloud), videos (DRM free content only), call logs, memos, alarms, Wi-Fi, wallpapers, documents, app data (Galaxy devices only), home layouts (Galaxy devices only)
- You can send app data and home layouts by upgrading your Galaxy device to M OS (Galaxy S6 or higher).
â–Ł Which devices are supported?
â€˘ Galaxy: Recent Galaxy mobile devices and tablets (From Galaxy S2)
* Note: For Galaxy S2, old OS (GB/ICS) version can cause incompatibility. If your S2 does not work properly, please try after firmware update.
â€˘ Other Android devices:
- HTC, LG, Sony, Huawei, Lenovo, Motorola, PANTECH, Panasonic, Kyocera, NEC, SHARP, Fujitsu, Xiaomi, Vivo, OPPO, Coolpad(DazenF2), RIM(Priv), YotaPhone, ZTE(Nubia Z9), Gionee, LAVA, MyPhone(My28s), Cherry Mobile, Google(Pixel/Pixel2)
* Note: For reasons such as compatibility between devices, it may not be possible to install and use Smart Switch on certain devices.
1. To transfer data, both devices must have a minimum of 500 MB free space in their internal memory.
2. If you are using a wired connection, your device must support a 'Transferring media files (MTP)' USB option to allow content to be transferred.
3. If you have a non-Samsung device that constantly disconnects from the wireless network, go to Advanced Wi-Fi on your device, turn off the â€śWi-Fi initializeâ€ť and â€śDisconnect low Wi-Fi signalâ€ť options, and try again.
(The options described above may not be available, depending on your device manufacturer and OS version.)
â€» Application permissions
The following permissions are required for the app service.
[ Required permissions ]
. Phone: Used to confirm your phone number
. Call logs: Used to transfer call log data
. Contacts: Used to transfer contacts data
. Calendar: Used to transfer calendar data
. SMS: Used to transfer SMS data
. Storage: Used to save the files necessary for data transfer
. Microphone: Used for high-frequency audio when searching for Galaxy devices.
. Location: Used to connect Galaxy devices using Bluetooth.
If your system software version is lower than Android 6.0, please update the software to configure App permissions.
Previously allowed permissions can be reset on Apps menu in device settings after software update.
Samsung Smart Switch Mobile is a product developed by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.. This site is not directly affiliated with Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
We don't have any change log information for Samsung Smart Switch Mobile yet. If you have any change log info for this version of Samsung Smart Switch Mobile you can share with us.
Last Updated: 2021-05-13
Developer: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Downloads: 209 039
Operating system: Android