Hard Time (Prison Sim) Review
The toughest prison sim in the yard - now celebrating over 10 MILLION downloads!!!
Create your own inmate and attempt to survive in a prison where every sentence is a "death" sentence. Rub shoulders with up to 100 fellow inmates in a sprawling jail of 12 unique areas, each filled with fully interactive furniture and props. Plus a life beyond the jail populated by real civilians, with wardens enforcing dozens of different laws to stop you from making a break for it.
Each day, you will find your health and mental state slipping away. Both can be restored by sleeping - which is also a good way to pass time. You won't always be permitted to sleep, though, so consuming food and drink bridges the gap. These, along with many other activities such as reading or watching TV, can also help to improve your mental state. If you "lose your mind" you will break down and will temporarily lose control of your character (almost certainly getting into trouble!).
Your character also has a set of attributes that you are challenged to improve:
- STRENGTH indicates how much damage you can inflict or absorb. You can improve it by fighting or lifting weights.
- AGILITY determines how fast you move. You can improve it by jogging in the yard or scoring baskets.
- INTELLECT reflects your knowledge - including fighting skills such as counters. You can improve it by reading books.
- REPUTATION is how much other prisoners respect you. It can be improved by accomplishing tasks or intimidating others.
There are also opportunities to earn money - whether you work for it with a broom, trade items at a profit, or run with a gang. Having money increases your opportunities to grease the wheels and make your life inside easier.
You may find that you need to go to the toilet from time to time, in which case you must race to the bathroom! Alternatively, you could find a toilet to sit on or grab some toilet paper to spare your blushes. Failing to do so will damage your reputation and mental state.
I regret that there is more to this game than I could ever explain here, so I hope you enjoy figuring some things out for yourself.
Upgrade to "VIP" to enjoy the full experience without ads - plus access to the editor that allows you to customize your character and every other.
(*Look out for tutorials within the actual game)
The game uses buttons where letters like GTA represent what they do:
G = Grapple / Throw weapon
T = Taunt (interact with handheld props)
A = Attack (on its own to kick, with a direction to punch)
R = Run
P = Pick-Up / Drop
- Press ATTACK and RUN together to launch a powerful attack.
- Press any button with any direction (or none) in a grapple to trigger different moves.
- Press RUN and PICK-UP together to set fire to a small object (which can then be used to set fire to a large object).
- Touch the clock to pause the game and bring up options to exit.
- Touch any speech bubble to speed through conversations.
- If you find your device struggles to display lots of characters, considering keeping the "Population" option low.
- "Speed Up Frame Rate" sleeping will require good performance at the default frame rate.
- Head to the "Display" options to tone down other features.
Hard Time (Prison Sim) is a product developed by MDickie. This site is not directly affiliated with MDickie. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.